European family owned business, specializing in low-floor buses, including midi-buses, full-size single-deckers, two- and three-axle double-deckers and articulated vehicles
India Market Entry
- The UK-based company had in place firm plans to deriůe at least 30% of its turnover from export sales/external operations by 2015 and India represented a significant opportunity for the company
- Product range i.e. bus models and specifications which were suited to and commercially viable for the Indian market.
- Price points, positioning, target segment and projected volumes
- A partner with a successful track record was identified and senior management meetings and plant visits were held both in India and in Europe.
- Contractual agreement was finalized in 2014.
- A site location measuring approximately 40 acres was finalized for setting up of the bus assembly plant.
- Meetings were held with the respective state governments and the authorities responsible for the selected industrial park
Supply Chain Development
- T&A assisted in identifying suitable vendors in India, preparing a shortlist of potential vendors and performing reasonable due diligence on the short-listed ůendors.
- T&A worked as the de-facto project office of the client for a period of 18 months
- T&A managed the recruitment and selection of key managerial staff including Managing Director of the Indian operations
- Co-ordinated and eŵpedited all releůant goůernment building and manufacturing statutory approvals
- Provided local representation wherever necessary
- Liaised with contractors and vendors
- Reviewed and advised on office lease agreement
- Advised and drafted employment agreements
- Provided project monitoring and tracking to ensure all programmes remain on schedule
- Provided assistance with negotiation of vendor/contractor price and payment terms
- Attended weekly remote progress assessment meetings