Automotive Components Case 1
A trade promotion agency of an East Asian country setting up an investment zone in India to support and provide opportunities for their automobile and automotive component companies to set up manufacturing facilities in India
- To conduct cluster mapping of the northern Indian automobile cluster, i.e. Rajasthan, Delhi NCR, Haryana, Punjab and provide an overview of the automotive cluster in Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat with an aim to understand the feasibility of setting up a local manufacturing facility
- Detailed profiles of automotive OEMs, Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers Details of the expansion plans of the key stakeholders and major parts/components imported into India
- Feedback regarding business partnering and sourcing from new companies planning to set up shop in the proposed investment zone
- Overview of the Indian economy, state’s FDI policies and government initiatives
- Analysis of the automobile supply chain ecosystem, major OEMs, tier 1 & tier 2 suppliers
- Procurement and localization policy of major Indian and foreign companies operating in the automobile sector
- Individual discussions with over 100 companies present in northern India to understand their expansion plans and supply chain ecosystem.
- T&A provided a detailed overview of the automobile cluster of north India with individual feedback from major OEMs about their procurement and localization policies.
- Qualified shortlist of companies who expressed interest in partnering with foreign companies